You don’t have to endure nagging tooth pain. We can have you feeling normal again in no time. If you think you might have a dental emergency, call us right away for a same-day appointment.
Our team stays up-to-date on the most advanced dental technologies and techniques. We will consider every possibility for repairing and preserving your tooth before removing it. If extraction is necessary, however, you can expect compassionate and caring treatment from the moment you enter our office
Call our office today at (719) 473-5122 to schedule an appointment. We’ll examine your mouth to see if a tooth extraction is required or if restoration is possible.
Potential Reasons for Removing a Tooth
Every patient is an individual and every issue is unique, but there are several common reasons to remove teeth, including:
- Severe tooth decay or tooth infection that cannot be remedied with root canal therapy
- Advanced periodontal disease that cannot be reversed with gum disease treatment
- Making room for dentures or other tooth replacement options
- Improving orthodontic treatment results by removing particular problem teeth
- Dental emergencies like severe fractures and broken teeth
- A very loose tooth that cannot be secured
- Wisdom teeth removal if wisdom teeth become impacted or cause other problems
Afterward, we will give you simple directions to help speed your healing process. Then, during follow-ups, we can discuss your tooth replacement options. Replacing missing teeth will help prevent your other teeth from drifting out of alignment.
Yes, we extract wisdom teeth too! Before beginning your wisdom teeth procedure, we will first carefully plan your treatment using state-of-the-art digital X-rays. To ensure you’re completely comfortable, we’ll then numb the area where we’ll be working. Next, we’ll gently remove your wisdom teeth and clean out your mouth to help it heal faster.
Afterward, we’ll provide you with care instructions to ensure a speedy, comfortable recovery. You will need to stick to a diet of liquids and soft foods for at least the first day or so.
Avoid Problems Caused by Wisdom Teeth
In most cases, wisdom teeth extraction is needed to prevent complications with your oral health. If they don’t come in properly, wisdom teeth can:
- Become impacted, or trapped inside your gums by other teeth or bone
- Come in crooked, damaging nearby teeth and leading to painful crowding
- Increase risk of infection, decay, and disease
- Complicate orthodontic treatments
Don’t suffer through pain or risk future pain. Call us today at (719) 473-5122 to schedule an evaluation.